Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A new yoga day

On Sunday morning, I get up early and decide to head into the studio to try new style of yoga called Agni Flow, with a teacher I hadn't practiced with before.  I was tired, and really just wanted to stay in bed, but my committment and determination got me there - not going just wasn't an option.  Besides, I have never once gone to a yoga class and afterwards wished I hadn't gone - not ever.

I arrive at the studio to find a fellow teacher-in-training there for the same class.  We end up being the only 2 attendees that morning and basically enjoy a one on two private yoga class - lucky us!  We asked questions, got adjustments, received detailed explanations of poses and modifications, listened to some philopsophy of yoga styles, and of course did lots of yoga.  It was a fabulous practice, and started my day off beautifully!  I was more present at church that morning and with my family that afternoon.   My body is adjusting to the frequent, intense and lengthy yoga sessions.  I am finally less sore today and feeling stronger than I have in years.  I like it.  I like it alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment