Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 3 - Yoga Teacher Training

I paced myself better for last night's training, opting out of the rigorous group class before my teacher training session, eating more and hydrating.  I felt better, more alert and able to make it through the evening strong.  Today, I took a Yin yoga class, which is a mellow, hip opening, slow class that is designed to be relaxing and restore the body to a state of harmony.  Ahh, that sounds good. I need that.  I had a different experience.  Instead, I left class unsettled.  As the day went on I became angry, and remained that way for most of the rest of the day. What is going on?  I have never felt like this after a yoga class before; I have always felt better when I left than when I went in.  I am perplexed. Some of the poses were slightly painful (I went too deep), and challenging for me.  Again, I did not expect this either.  The only thing I can think of is that all that stretching and deep joint opening released some old, stored emotions that needed to come out.  I'll ask about this at class tomorrow.  They say every day in yoga is a different experience.  You got that right!

No comments:

Post a Comment